Friday, May 9, 2014

Tuesday 6 May – Nana and Bea


Current location: Erskineville
11.11am, Texting my mum, about my nana. My nana would have been 99 today (sadly, she died when I was 18), and tomorrow is my niece's first birthday. Nana's maiden name was May; Bea's middle name is May. My nana was the loveliest, sweetest and funniest nana, and she would have absolutely adored Bea, who is a cheeky, smiley and beautiful little lady. It's funny that both these gorgeous girls were born almost a century apart... When I put this picture on Facebook, it was so lovely, because all my sisters and cousins started commenting, all about how lucky we are to have had such a great nana, niece/daughter/cousins/sisters... And it all started with Lucy Ellen May, born 6 May 1915.

No comments:

Post a Comment