Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Saturday 17 May – Mountain life









Current location: Blue Mountains!
11.11am, Looking at the Three Sisters. This morning started so well, with an early wake-up after such a good night's sleep. I put on my trainers and went for a little run in the sunshine, thinking 'What a lovely town, everyone smiles and waves at you when you go for a run.' It was only at the end of my run that I found out that today there is an 100km Ultramarathon going on around the Blue Mountains, so I can only assume people thought I was doing it!!! Oops.

When I got back to the hostel, Clare, Rianne and I went out for a yummy brunch to set us up for a day of walking, and off we went. We had the most amazing day of sightseeing, walking, going on the cable cars, cheering on the marathon runners (amazing people!), having a delicious picnic of cheese baguettes, cakes and apples, and generally feeling a million miles from anywhere.

When we got back, just after dark, Rianne and I went out to grab some Thai takeaway, then the three of us had a cosy evening in the hostel, before falling sleep at 10am. All that fresh air has done us in, but in such a good way!

(Pictures nicked from Clare and Ri)

No comments:

Post a Comment