Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Monday 26 May – One year on!


Current location: Eveleigh
11.11am, At work. When I arrived this morning, I found a poster wishing me a Happy One Year in Oz (with my head photoshopped onto a Swifts netballer's body, yay!)!

I can't believe it's been a year since we arrived. In some ways it feels like longer; in most ways it feels like months. My initial thoughts of Australia still stand – that it's outdoorsy, sunny, and very, very far away from home! – but it's been much more 'normal' too. Although it wasn't something I really worried about beforehand, I've been amazed at how friendly people have been and how easily I've settled into an everyday life here, with work, sport, holidays – it's fab.

 Too much has happened this year to try and sum any of it up here, but luckily I can use this blog to look back and see what I was doing at various points throughout the year. Be it dancing on tables, developing new obsessions, trying to get better at surfing, setting challenges, eating crocodile and kangaroo, learning to bake, abseiling down cliffs, getting fined (often), realising I'm not scared of spiders, hating cockroaches, perfecting my accent, overspending on everything, becoming Skype's bitch, hunting for mulled wine, embracing lipstick, or working on my tan, it's been a bloody humdinger of a year!

No comments:

Post a Comment