Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Monday 13 June - Domestic goddess



Current location: Lewisham
11.11pm, Eating dinner. Yep, pretty late. When I watched Julie & Julia yesterday, it made me want to make beef bourguignon (how good is that spelling?!). So today, with Andy arriving home late, I decided to give it a go.

Three and a half hours later – it was ready. Oh my. It was, without doubt, the best dish I've ever attempted (not to blow my own trumpet...But really, it was amazing). The in-progress picture doesn't do it justice, but if this blog had a smell, then you would understand how awesome it was. Might have been the whole bottle of red wine that went in it...

As well as making my new signature dish, I also managed to water the garden, put the washing on, do the washing up, clean our room, wash my hair and even fit in an episode of Grey's Anatomy. I think Andy was pretty surprised when he walked in the door to a clean house, clean girlfriend and dinner on the table. Go me.

No comments:

Post a Comment