Thursday, June 16, 2011

Wednesday 15 June – Hooked on books


Current location: Lewisham
11.11pm, Reading in bed. A new book arrived in the post for me today (I did order it, it didn't arrive by magic) and I love love love it already. The book is The Midwife's Confession by Diane Chamberlain. She writes in a similar way to Jodi Picoult, which I know is not to everyone's taste, but I just find her so readable and full of twists. Upon the book arriving this morning, I opened it and found the first 'praise for Diane Chamberlain' to be a review I wrote while I worked at Candis. Pretty funny/awesome to find my words in her book. In fact, it's the first media review on the Amazon entry too, which is cool.

I can still remember the day that I discovered that you never, ever have to be bored if you have a good book with you. It was such a good discovery, especially as I discovered it on a six-hour book journey. I love reading, and commuting to work every day means I now have time to indulge my habit!

(Picture taken by Alana on Weheartit)

No comments:

Post a Comment