Thursday, June 23, 2011

Tuesday 21 June - A denerification situation




Current location: On a train
11.11pm, Coming home from an evening with my sister, Kate, and my friend, Gemma. We had tickets to go and be in the studio audience of my favourite programmes, Mock the Week, and were pretty excited. However, when we arrived and got our wristbands, we waited around in the BBC building for a while, before being told that all the seats had been filled and we wouldn't be going in. Booooo.

However, not let our high spirits be flagged, we realised we were across the road from Westfield Shopping Centre, and so, five minutes later, we were shopping. A couple of hours later and we were in the pub, talking about our new purchases (that included leggings, cards, necklaces, and many, many tops) over a glass of wine, and agreeing that our evening had turned out brilliantly. Denerification* at its finest.

*Denerification is not, officially, a real word. It's a word my lovely friend Nicky and I came up with at the age of 16, for when something doesn't go according to plan, but ends up better than the original plan. Much like tonight.

NB: Not to be confused with Denitrification, which is a microbially facilitated process of nitrate reduction that may ultimately produce molecular nitrogen. Obv.

1 comment:

  1. I have an idea to have a great sort of "spring cleaning" of bloggers closets. Give me a day or two and I'll come up with something good :D

    ReplyDelete