Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Monday 28 February - Born to ski





Current location: Kitzbühel, Austria
11.11am, On my way to the Hahnenkamm mountain, where the boys had decided they were going to learn to ski. As most of them had never ever set foot in skis before, it was pretty funny watching them learn. Their first hurdle to overcome was putting the feet in the right (or left!) skis, but once they'd mastered that, they felt they could do anything. The bravado between them all was pretty hilarious, but I have to admit that they were pretty amazing for beginners. I've only skied twice, at the age of 11, and I have no doubt that I would have been about 30 times worse than any of those boys today. They seemed to have no fear, attempting to race, master jumps and generally go from being beginners to pros in one day. The girls watched on with beers and lots of laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment