Sunday, March 27, 2011

Friday 25 March - Can't snowboard; can sunbathe


Current location: Kitzbühel, Austria
11.11am, On my way up the Hahnenkamm mountain with the boys who wanted to find a spot they'd seen before. The idea was to snowboard down until we found the spot that apparently had a big icy puddle, then have a picnic by it. Sounds nice in theory, but the only problem occurs when you can't snowboard very well, as I can't. So I made the slow journey down by sitting on my board and tobogganing down (as I learnt to do back in January). The boys, who were pretty far ahead of Andy and I, discovered that the icy puddle had turned to mud, so we just went to the bottom of the mountain and sacked off the idea. Which was fine by me as it left me with the rest of the afternoon to sunbathe on our balcony, in the (almost) 20-degree heat. Pretty good for Austria in March.

(Picture taken from In Every Season)

No comments:

Post a Comment