Friday, September 5, 2014

Friday 8 August – My last day in England... for a while









Current location: On the road
11.11am, In the car, on the way to Kew Gardens. We'd been trying to decide what to do today, and decided to explore Kew Gardens. I was with the Reeses Pieces (my sister Kate, her husband Jim, and my niece Ella; my nephew Jake was in nursery), and also my bessie Emma. Once we finally found each other, we had a walk/run around the gardens (including all holding hands and running for ages, looking bananas, inspired by Ella) and a yummy lunch. This family is beautiful!

We also went on a barefoot walk, where you walk through all different textures and end with trekking through a big mud pit. It felt awesome and was a very bizarre way to end our day together.

We drove back across London to the Rees household, picked Jake up, then it was time for me to pack up my stuff and go to the airport! Kate came with me, and we were getting a bit maudlin about my trip coming to an end, when we suddenly realised we were on the wrong train, and weren't heading to the airport! It could have been a pretty rubbish end t the trip if I'd missed my flight and had to buy a new one, but luckily we realised just in time, jumped off the train, Kate grabbed my luggage (while getting stuck in the door!) and we laughed for most of the rest of the journey.

I had a couple of hours to kill in the airport in the end, so called my family and said our goodbyes. I haven't felt too sad saying bye to people because I know I'll be back to see them all before too long, and because I just love them all so much, and it is hard to be sad when there is so much love in your life. It's been tough saying bye to the little ones, especially my newest nephew Louis, who is my godson and who I only met a couple of weeks ago for the first time, but I have so much love in my heart for them, I hope they feel that across the seas.

I already knew how fabulous my friends and family were, but this trip has totally exceeded my expectations and blown everything I thought I knew about my 'A team' out of the water. I also know that I am so lucky to have the awesome kinds of friends who just accept me and support me and always welcome me back, no questions asked! The sun has shone, and I am going back to Australia with a heart full of love and a head full of memories that I know will last my entire lifetime. 

No comments:

Post a Comment