Friday, August 5, 2011

Wednesday 3 August - A chef in training?


Current location: Hoxton
11.11pm, Eating an awesome dinner that I had cooked. Andy and I had such a fun night, where we had a cookery lesson from a TV chef, Patrice Yango (food consultant on Ready, Steady, Cook, don't you know?!). There were 18 of us learning how to make an awesome two-course meal, which we then got to enjoy in a really gorgeous restaurant.

We made:
Starter
Fresh roasted goat cheese Provencal Pissaladiere
Main course
Chicken Ballotine, Sun blushed tomato and basil with warm Vegetable Nicoise

...Both of which were pretty delish and not too hard to master. The evening was set up by Love2Experience, a new company that is combining fun experiences with dating. Yes, it was supposed to be a singles' night, but Andy and I magically hit it off as soon as we met in the kitchen, were paired up, and the rest is history...

Seriously though, I would HUGELY recommend doing something like this (they're not all singles' events) - they often have deals on Groupon etc, so for the cost of going out for dinner, you actually get a really memorable, fun night of learning new cookery skills, meeting ace people and seeing (well, eating) the fruits of your labour.

NB: Andy took some ace photos on the night, alongside being my sous chef, so I will update the images once I have them...

No comments:

Post a Comment