Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Saturday 6 August - Right on, Brighton!




Current location: Brighton
11.11pm, In the Brighton flat, watching TV, drinking wine and snacking on after-dinner treats. I have had the most amazing day today. Andy and I decided to come down to Brighton for the weekend and actually hang out with each other (we've both been so busy/all over the place recently) and, handily, Mum and Dad have a beautiful flat here, right on the seaside. The pictures above are taken from the flat window, so you can see how close we are.

After a lazy morning of sleeping in, reading and walking, Andy and I met my work friend, Harry and his lovely girlfriend and gorgeous son. We had a coffee and a chat, and then Andy and I decided to go for a run.

It was so gorgeous running along the seafront in the sunshine, and it was pretty warm too. So warm, in fact, that at the end of our run, we ran straight into the sea, in our running stuff. The water was refreshing and wavy and so fun - I felt so exhilarated and full of energy and excitement and vigour! What an amazing day; it's nice to get out of the city sometimes, and today was so good for the soul.


No comments:

Post a Comment