Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Saturday 14 April – True fan



Current location: Penzance

11.11am, In the gym. Vinny had his induction today so I went up with Pip and him to do a bit of a workout and help him with some of the machines. Before that I watched the MOST EPIC GAME OF NETBALL EVER (yes, so epic it deserves capitals). Oh my goodness. It was the semi-finals of the Commonwealth Games netball, and England were playing Jamaica for a historic place in the final (England have never made a final before). The game started at 6am (on a Saturday!) as it was being held in Australia, damn time difference, and I was so full of coffee watching the game. Oh my goodness. Jamaica were leading most of the way, but England just wouldn’t back down. They chipped away at the lead kept cool heads and WON BY 1 GOAL IN THE FINAL SECOND. They were crying, Jamaica were crying, I was crying (obviously)… Woah it was intense, and amazing. In the afternoon, I watched Andy play football (I must have used up all my cheering luck, as they lost 13-1, eek!) and then we watched the Grand National (again, both our horses pulled up so no wins there) and then I stayed in, read my book and caught up on blogging. Wild Saturday night, but I’d had enough adrenaline pumping for one day! Plus I’m getting up at 4am tomorrow to watch the final. 

No comments:

Post a Comment