Thursday, April 5, 2018

Friday 23 March – One year on and pedalling hard




Current location: Penzance

11.11am, In the gym with my sister. Then we went to a step class, then I cycled home. In the eve I went to the Old Coastguard (of course) and then for dinner with Mum and Dad at the Duke St Cafe. I cycled home along the prom, soaking wet in the rain, but very happy as one year ago I was in hospital having ACL surgery. And, to repeat, today I cycled, did a step class and went to the gym. I can do things! I know how much effort I have put into my rehab and physio this year, and sometimes it doesn’t seem like the hundreds of hours have been worth it. But then, days like today, where I notice that movement has just become a natural part of my life again, it does. 

No comments:

Post a Comment