Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Sunday 15 April – And I thought yesterday was good












Current location: Penzance
11.11am, Getting ready to go up to Nicky’s. We went up for lunch and a hang, which was lovely, then Andy and I came home and had a pretty early night. I’d been up since 3.45am, watching netball. I’d been absolutely convinced that yesterday’s semi-final against Jamaica was the best match ever, but that was until today. It was the final of the Commonwealth Games and, historically, England had made it through, against favourites Australia (being played in Australia). Well, I have to admit, I thought Australia would smash England, but I was cheering for my Roses all the same (quietly, given the time!). England started really strongly, and the game was intense and close for the entire match. In the final quarter, it looked like Australia were going to edge away, and got to 4 goals ahead with a couple of minutes remaining… However, England managed to claw back to within reach, and with 7 seconds left on the clock, equalised. In a never-to-be-forgotten climax of the game, England WON BY 1 GOAL IN THE FINAL SECOND!! Again! They are Commonwealth Champions and I am so proud!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment