Saturday, May 26, 2012

Friday 11 May - Goodbye and happy birthday, to two of the best

Current location: Soho, London
11.11pm, In a pub, having a small weep. Today is a good day and a sad day. It's good, great even, because it's the 50th birthday celebration of my boss/friend, Debbie. She's been a really fab boss in the time I've worked here and, last year, she had a pretty major health scare. The fact that we are all here celebrating her birthday is even more of a celebration, given how ill she was. So that's amazing, and I'm so happy about it.

However, tonight our celebrations are also for our friend Harry (above), who is leaving work/England, to move to Sweden - tomorrow! Harry is one of the loveliest people I have ever met, and one of my best friends at work and in life, and I don't know what we will do without him. He's a superhero in my eyes, balancing fatherhood, a busy social life, sport and lots of hard work and, although i wish him loads of good luck in his new life abroad, he will be sorely missed by everyone here.
Lots of love to you both!!

No comments:

Post a Comment