Sunday, March 15, 2015

Saturday 7 March – The day after the long walk



Current location: Manly
11.11am, At Jess' house. Despite Andy and my intention to do absolutely nothing today, we both woke up early (aching!) and realised Andy had left his wallet and keys with his parents... who were going to be in Manly today. So we drove over there and had a yummy brunch with Jess, Dave and Val. I haven't had a proper catch-up with Jessie for a while, so I hung out in their lovely new place, then she and I went for a swim in the late afternoon. The cold seawater felt soooo good on my achy limbs!

Feeling all spontaneous and weekendy, we decided to go for a few drinks, then sat at the Bavarian Beer House on the wharf for a few hours, trying out strange drinks (as I've given up wine and beer for Lent) and watching the sun go down. Drinks turned into dinner, which turned into another drink, and I got on the ferry to go home at about 9pm, feeling thoroughly like I was on holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment