Sunday, March 1, 2015

Saturday 28 February – On a treasure hunt



















Current location: Alexandria
11.11am, Getting the clues ready. It was Andy's birthday a couple of weeks ago but, at the time, he was supposed to be working, so I planned a day of fun for today. We ended up at Lidz, a random place on Enmore Road that sells coffee, chilli dogs and lots of baseball hats! Three of Andy's fave things! We watched a fair bit of basketball there, then cycled home again and went down to Circular Quay for the main bit of Andy's present: going camping on Cockatoo Island. I've wanted to go since we moved here (Andy has too, promise!) so we caught the ferry over and somehow lucked into the best camping spot ever, right on the water. It was a beautiful afternoon, so we had a walk around the island, then went for a cocktail or two at the Island Bar. There were so many beautiful, dolled-up people there, and I think it was pretty obvious we were camping!

I'd packed lots of stuff for a yummy BBQ (I'd call it a gourmet BBQ, although I'm not sure if a BBQ can be gourmet?!) so we headed back, cooked up a feast, had a chat with some other lovely campgoers, then stayed up taking photos, chatting and just relaxing. I love love love that there are so many amazing places to visit in Sydney, let along Australia (let alone the whole world!).

No comments:

Post a Comment