Saturday, October 22, 2011

Wednesday 5 October - Friends from way back





Current location: Perth, Australia
11.11am, Eating breakfast at a cafe along the river with Lee and my friend Brodie. I met Brodie back when I was 10 years old, and my mum made me go to our local church youth group, as a way to get to know people when we moved to Australia in 1997. Brodie was also made to go, and we've been firm friends ever since. Brodie's family own a big seed farm in Narrogin (the town we lived in) and I have fond memories of us playing in and running through the crop when we were kids. We've stayed in touch and it's so lovely to get to spend some time with Brodes as adults... she has definitely caught the travelling bug and spends as much time exploring other countries as she can, but I was lucky enough to catch her in Oz this time around.

After breakfast, we went to soak up the sun at the beach, and visited the Indiana Tea Rooms in Cottesloe for a coffee overlooking the sea. Next we went shopping in the city, and then headed to the beach again to meet Carly, who is a beautiful and very good friend I met the last time I came to Oz, in 2004. She is a wonderful woman, so sweet and very funny, and the three of us had ciders in the sunshine and didn't stop laughing. Golden girls. x

No comments:

Post a Comment