Thursday, October 8, 2020

Tuesday 30 June – Still blogging, 10 years and 2655 blog posts later



11.11am, Watching netball. I'm not working today and had no plans, so have used the day to catch up on life admin and watch netball. I'm still blogging in big chunks instead of writing every day, but I guess at least I am still doing it. This week marks 10 years since I started! I thought about stopping (as I often do, but 10 years seems like a good time), but my friend Emily pointed out that, for an 11.11 blog, it should really last 11 years, rather than 10. So at least another year to go! Every time I think about stopping, there seems to be a reason to continue; and I guess having documented life during the pandemic, it would be a shame to end the blog before things have returned to 'normal'. I still can't believe I have done 10 years of this; imagine what I could have accomplished if I had spent this much time on something else?! But I am so glad it exists; I have done a lot in the past decade, lived in a lot of places, met a lot of beautiful people, had some tough times but mainly amazing times, and now I don't risk forgetting the majority of it. I do love looking back through random days every now and then – I'm up to 2655 blog posts, and 142,868 page views; my biggest body of work to date! How much I, things, and life, have all changed in that time, and how proud I am of it.

PS I didn't really take any relevant photos today, so here's a pic of a brownie and a coffee from Lovett's. 

No comments:

Post a Comment