Saturday, August 3, 2019

Saturday 20 July – YTG

Current location: Liverpool
11.11am, At the Netball World Cup! This morning we got up, had some brekky and then headed to the stadium to watch the first semi-final, South Africa v Australia. It was amaaaaazing. The atmosphere, the excitement, the organisation, the passion, it was so good! I loved it. South Africa pushed Australia the whole way through the match, with Aus only taking the win by 2 goals. It was actually really emotional and humbling watching South Africa at the end of the game, such incredible sportspeople and they have come SO far in international netball.
For lunch, Ri had booked us into the Brunch Club, and it was so delish! I had smashed avocado on toast (my second of the day) and a smoothie, then it was onto the Fan Park to watch the England v NZ semi-final. Now, this was a stressful watch. I feel like I can't remember a lot of it as I was so tense and stressed watching it, it's a bit of a blur. Without going into it too much, sadly England lost by 2 goals. So gutted. They didn't look like the England team we were all expecting, and it was a tough loss to take. We were pretty sad; most of the girls went back to their Airbnb for a nap, and I met my friend Anita and Shane for a couple of drinks. It was so lovely to see them and have a gin in the sunshine.
I went back to our hotel and Kate and I got ready then went to meet the others, and we headed to Alma De Cuba. It was quite a weird night, as it was basically a nightclub that we were eating our dinner in (which took aaaages to come, so we were eating dinner in a nightclub at about 11pm) but it was a really fun night. The bar/club was ace, with Brazilian dancers, fire dancers, a saxophonist, all sorts!

No comments:

Post a Comment