Thursday, February 8, 2018

Monday 8 January – Guess who's back?!


Current location: Penzance
11.11pm, Being elated! Today, exactly 555 days since I ruptured my ACL playing netball... I played netball! I am 9.5 months post-op, and my physio here said I could give training a go. So I did. I went along to Penzance Netball (who I played for until I was 18) and warmed up, did some skills, trained... then took to the court and played a game, just like that. I was pretty stoked, it was so fun!

It might not seem like a big deal, but for a year and a half, I have done so much to get back to this point: periods where I got up every day and religiously did my rehab exercises; did my physio in the changing rooms at work; gave up drinking to give my body the best chance of healing; watched from the sidelines as my friends played my favourite sports; endured pain, boredom and frustration; went to the gym on my own on a Friday night to keep my legs strong; cycled on a static bike instead of joining friends at the pub; I have been so dedicated to this recovery, and I am so glad it's got me here, back to where I wanted to be – which is on a netball court, throwing the ball around like it's no. big. deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment