Thursday, September 21, 2017

Friday 1 September – A long and lovely day





Current location: Camborne
11.11am, In an interview for a course I am considering doing. I have to decide by next week, and I haven't decided yet, but the interview day was great and I'm definitely intrigued. Afterwards, Andy and I headed to Wadebridge, where we ate a pasty by the river and had a little nap in the sunshine, then we went to a beautiful little place near Washaway (real name!). I'm writing some copy for a friend of a friend's website, who has a new events venue, and the place is stunning. Andy and I hadn't met the owners, Helen and Dave, before, but they were an absolutely brilliant couple. The tone was set when they opened a bottle of wine as soon as we arrived. It was only supposed to be an hour's meeting, but five-and-a-half hours later, we were finally leaving, having been fed and watered and with promises to meet up soon. I left feeling really buzzing (not just because of the wine!) and like this meeting heralded a shift in something... meeting new people, starting to feel part of something... It's a good feeling!

No comments:

Post a Comment