Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Wednesday 16 August – Aquathlon







Current location: Penzance
11.11pm, At home, realising I'd left my shoes in the pub, oops. This evening, I did the Jubilee Aquathlon, which consists of a lap of the jubilee pool, then a run to the end of the prom and back. Nothing too hardcore, but I'd been counting down to it. They do it every month over summer, but until this one, I haven't been able to take part thanks to my knee. My physio had cleared me to do this one, and I was determined to start (and finish) it, rain, hail or shine. And I got rain. And a lot of wind. Swimming and running in a storm isn't that fun, but I did it, and I was proud of myself! Mum, Dad and Andy came to watch, then we all went to the pub after to have a wine (and take off my wet shoes and leave them there).

No comments:

Post a Comment