Friday, April 7, 2017

Wednesday 22 March – My last session, for a while


Current location: Eveleigh
11.11am, At work. Feeling energised but a bit blue, as this morning I had my final F45 session for probably a very long time. Tomorrow I am getting ACL reconstruction surgery, and I won't be able to come to the classes for a few months. These people, this gym, is one of the most important things in my life – and I'm not exaggerating. Most morning for the past two years, I have got out of bed at 6.15am, put on activewear and cycled to the gym because of these people. The owners, who have become good friends, the other members, who cheer each other on and creative an amazingly supportive community, the results you see (although, honestly, that is secondary to the amazing people I have met here). I have never felt so included in a fitness environment before, and I love the person I am when I am there. Thank you F45ers for making me fit, making me laugh and making such good friends with me! I adore you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment