Thursday, April 20, 2017

Thursday 13 April – A pub with no beer


Current location: Alexandria
11.11pm, At home, doing my physio. Which is what I'm doing a lot of the time at the moment. I have to do it three times a day, and it takes about an hour-and-a-half each time, by the time I've done all my exercises and iced my knee afterwards. However, it's working! This week (which is now three weeks post-ACL reconstruction) I feel as though I've turned a corner, mentally and physically, and have started to see proper progress. One of the major contributors has been that I have stopped drinking, on advice from my physio, gym and surgeon (to help get and keep the inflammation down). It meant that tonight, the Thursday night of a long Easter weekend, I still went to the pub (two, in fact), but only drank soda water. And I feel OK about it! I so desperately want to give my knee and my recovery the best chance (#youonlygetonerecovery) that I am throwing everything at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment