Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Monday 14 November — Exploring the English Riviera






Current location: Brixham
11.11am, Exploring! Emma went off to work this morning and Brodie was busy working on the house so I had the day free to explore a part of the world I didn't know. I had brekky with Brodie and watched a Louis Theroux doco, then off I went! I had a wander through the town (and a good dig around the many charity shops) and then had a tea at Liberty and caught up with some emails etc. It brightened up a bit, and I decided to go for a walk. I walked for about an hour along the coastline, stopping for lunch at the Guardhouse Cafe at Berry Head. It was one of those really lovely long lunches, where I ate, then had a coffee, then had a cake, and read my book, and really made the most of such a languishing afternoon. When it started to get a bit cool, I headed back to Em's house, watched another LT doco (about death, jolly!) and then Em got home. We tried on some bridesmaids dresses (as I'm one of her bridesmaids in July next year!) and made some fajitas for dinner and kept up our mile-a-minute conversations. We'd full intended on going out for a drink but it was 9pm before we managed to make it out the house. We went to a really cosy pub called the Blue Anchor, which had a fire, a pub dog, and a corner for us to hole up in and carry on the conversations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment