Friday, August 5, 2016

Saturday 30 July – Bali is brill















Current location: Bali

11.11am, Having a second breakfast. This morning was confusing, but great. I woke up to Gaz throwing a Powerade into my room (he's a brilliant person to go on hols with!) to make the hangover go away. I got out of bed to find out we have a provate chef with our villa, and she was making us nasi goreng and fresh fruit for breakfast. Have I mentioned I love Bali?
We had a lounge around by the pool and then Mia and Gaz and I went for an explore and a wander. We did a bit of shopping, and then went to the most amazing cafe I have EVER been to (it's called Sea Circus and I think it's my spiritual homeland) and tried to order some lunch. But they told us lunch wasn't on until 1pm... I looked at the time, 1.30pm... Hmmmmm I was so confused, until they pointed out I was still on Sydney time and it was actually 11.30am. It blew my mind! I just gained two hours in my life, yippee, that never happens! Anyway, we settled for second brekkie instead, and then went for a cream bath. This is where they wash your hair, put conditioner in it, then give you a 45-minute head, neck and shoulder massage, then wash and dry your hair. So you leave feeling amazing!

We wandered back to our villa, Gaz brought us some Indonesian takeaway for lunch (honestly, best travel buddy ever) and then we had a chilled afternoon of napping by the pool. Life here is so good. In the evening, we got all dressed up and then went to Potato Head for a drink as the sun set. We met my friends Yee and Fiona there, who happened to be in Bali at the same time, and then the eight of us went to Motel Mexicola for an amaaaazing Mexican feast. We ate until we could eat no more, then started on the cocktails. It's an insane restaurant, that turns into a bar/club, so before long we were dancing on the stage to the best women's power ballads while Gaz stared wistfully at the groups of boys, probably wishing he wasn't on a girls' holiday, ha!

After an hour or two at Motel Mexicola, we went to La Favela, an amazing club with trees growing through it, and thousands of people squished in. We danced our socks off here, for hours, finally ending with Em and I getting a cab home at 3am, staying up until 4am chatting, and loving our big Bali night out.

(Pics by Mia)

No comments:

Post a Comment