Friday, August 5, 2016

Monday 1 August – Holidaying alone!











Current location: Bali

11.11am, Reading my book by the pool. Today and tomorrow I am 'on my own' in Seminyak, as the others left yesterday, and I started the day with a long and leisurely breakfast in a really cute little cafe. I lay by the pool for a while (in the shade, it's sooo hot here!) and then I heard from my friend Keno and Jmery, who happen to be in Bali at the same time as me, to see if I wanted to hang this afternoon. I did! But first I went and did a bit of shopping – my first Bali haggling experience saw me get a leather bag down from $60 to $25, which was a big win for me as I am a terrible haggler.

I met Keno and Jmery at Grocer & Grind and had a yummy lunch and smoothie, then the boys persuaded me onto a scooter (sorry Mum) and drove very safely and slowly (honestly) to Potato Head, where we had a beer and then went to a colourful bar on the beach called La Plancha. We hung out the bean bags for a couple of hours, as the sun went down, then I went back to my hotel and went out for dinner. I was feeling very proud of myself, going out to eat on my own... But it turned out I need other people to tell me not to order a salad in Bali. The next morning would remind me :(

No comments:

Post a Comment