Friday, April 29, 2016

Monday 18 April – When in Melbourne...






Current location: Melbourne
11.11pm, At a jazz bar. It was basically an incredibly moving and intense jazz concert in a gorgeous little Jazz Bar calked Bennett's Lane, which is moving locations soon since the building owner sold it to a property developer. But basically, it was beautiful and we really felt lucky to be able to go and see some incredible musicians there. We'd had the most awesome city/Melbourne day, which involved two breakfasts (of course), the best being at Breakfast Thieves, so much shopping in the city and in some little Fitzroy stores, and walking, plus a visit to the Gorman outlet store (which is definitely my happy place, and my wallet's very unhappy place). When we got home, I had a Max Breener hot chocolate to pep me up (I don't know why, I just decided I should try one), then we drank a bottle of Moet and went for dinner at Mamasita, an awesome Mexican place that our friends Amy and Jez had bought us dinner at as a wedding pressie. 

We tried loads of tequilas, ate everything in sight, and didn't want to leave! When we did manage to drag ourselves away, we went to the jazz bar we'd walked past the night before and lost ourselves for an hour or two. Then went home and watched the netball in bed (yes, I'm marrying a lovely man who will watch netball with me on our honeymoon). 

No comments:

Post a Comment