Thursday, March 24, 2016

Sunday 20 March - Matches of the day



Current location: Alexandria
11.11am, Being a bit nervous and drinking a protein shake. Today was our first proper soccer/football game, and I was pretty pumped by the time we got to the pitch (although that might have been the coffee). It all passed in a bit of a blur, that saw me run way to much in the first half and not enough in the second half, but the main thing to take away from the game was that we won 4-1! Woo! Go Freelance United! It really was an amazing team effort (with some extra effort from the goalscorers) and I really enjoyed it! And I got Woman of the Match (granted, there were only four to choose from) for 'doing everything we told you to do'. Can follow direction!
Seriously though, it was a great game, and I was really proud we got the win. Afterwards, once we were thoroughly drenched by the rain, we went to the pub and had a celebratory pint... Then I went to my netball semi-final, which we also – very surprisingly – won! Sadly, none of us expected to win so we didn't have enough players for the grand final, and had to forfeit! Still, a successful day of sport. 

No comments:

Post a Comment