Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Thursday 29 October – My 30th birthday!




Current location: Erskineville
11.11pm, In the Swanson hotel. It was the end of the a remarkable day. Today I turned 30!
The day went something like this:
-Woke up at 6.15am, to Andy singing me Happy Birthday
-Went to a weights class (something I never thought I'd be doing on my birthday but hey-ho!) and achieved my goal of five chin-ups 
-My friend Frankie bought me breakfast after, then I rode home, spoke to my mum and opened a couple of pressies
-Went to work, where my desk was decorated, I had flowers from my friend, and I was wearing the world's most amazing jumpsuit (present from awesome friends)
-Ate chocolate consistently until lunchtime, then ate a chicken wrap and chips
-Had a chilled day while my lovely boss Patrick picked up all my slack (sorry P-Dawg!)
-Ate cake and had everyone sing Happy Birthday to me and another colleague, whose birthday was yesterday
-Ate more chocolate
-Went home, drank Champagne with Andy and opened more presents
-Some friends came round, who did my make-up, drank Champagne with me and gave me more presents (spoilt isn't even the word here)
-Went for dinner at Bitton, my favourite French cafe, which just happens to be at the end of the road
-Ate so much amazing French-inspired food, including the best garlic bread I've ever eaten in my whole life, with 21 of the most awesome people in my Aussie life... including work friends, netball friends, gym friends, English friends, Aussies friends, Andy's family... So surrounded by awesomeness and love!
-Was spoilt rotten with even more presents, all so well-chosen and thoughtful
-Went for drinks with Nick, Andy, Bree and Karyn (who'd flown down from Brisbane)
-Went home, exhausted and piddled and so, so happy. I miss home, and my homies, but I am so incredibly lucky to love and be loved on both sides of the world. I love my thirties so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment