Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Thursday 28 May – Welsh wonders










Current location: Port Talbot
11.11am, At the crematorium. We went to visit where my grandad Archie was cremated, and the graves of Nana and Grampy, who are buried together. I only really remember my nana (as I was five when Grampy died, and Grandad Archie died before I was born), but it’s always such a special place to go with my family. This time, Grandma was telling me stories of how she and my grandad met, about 60 years ago! Amazing. 

We went to the seafront to have more tea and cake with Grandma (loving how much tea and cake we’ve managed to squeeze in!) before Andy and I drove back to London. I went straight to Sarah Potts’ house, where she was waiting with open arms. We went on a lovely walk, and then came home, met Catdog and opened a bottle of champers as Catdog had just found out she got a new job! We went out for the most amazing, massive Greek dinner to celebrate, and just soak up the awesomeness of just being together again. It probably doesn’t need to be said, but I love my friends and family!

No comments:

Post a Comment