Sunday, April 12, 2015

Sunday 5 April – Lent is over (Happy Easter!)












Current location: Erskineville
11.11am, At Little Bay. This morning, I went to church, and it was really wonderful. I don't go very often anymore (sorry Mum/God!) and hadn't made it to the local church yet, but it was lovely to go on Easter Sunday, and it actually made me feel quite emotional! Just lovely to see all the families out and in their Sunday best, and made me miss my family, but in a good way. Hard to describe I guess.
After church, Andy and I decided to visit a beach we've never been to – there are so many to explore around Sydney so it's nice to find new ones. We ended up at a beautiful little cove called Little Bay, and it was exquisitely beautiful. Like paradise! We even saw a turtle!
After a couple of hours of swimming and sunbathing and reading and being blissed out, we headed to Circular Quay to meet some friends at Opera Bar. It was so hot and sunny, and we sat out for hours, drinking all the wine I didn't drink during Lent!
One of the best Sydney days I've had so far, for sure. Happy Easter indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment