Friday, January 2, 2015

Tuesday 23 December – Carols at the Opera House











Current location: Alexandria
11.11pm, Walking home from the train station, with Christmas songs in my head. Tonight was beautiful. Jess, Nat and I went to the Opera House after we finished work (my very kind boss let me out a bit early as we actually went to press today and wouldn't have made it in time otherwise) and went to a singalong carol concert. It was incredible. I laughed and sung my heart out and cried my eyes out (it was emotional!) and started, finally, to feel a bit festive.

Tomorrow we're going up the coast for Christmas with Andy's family. It's my second Christmas away from home in a row, and I'm feeling very homesick this time, but being in such a beautiful building with beautiful music made me feel very lucky tonight. I have so much love on both sides of the world, and that can only ever be a good thing. Merry Christmas! x

No comments:

Post a Comment