Sunday, January 4, 2015

Thursday 25 December – Christmas on the beach!












Current location: Ettalong Beach
11.11am, Opening pressies! It's Christmas Day! We started early this morning, with Jess and I going for a jog to church... I've never run to church before, and I've definitely never gone for a run on Christmas Day before! It was probably a bit of an error in retrospect, as it was sooo hot, and we were so sweaty and tired by the time we got to Christmas Mass, so we felt pretty sorry for those poor people who had to sit near us!

Andy picked us up afterwards, and we managed a quick swim to cool off, before going back into the house to make a start on the giant pile of presents under the tree. We were so spoilt, I think I have must have been verrrrry good this year, because I got treated to so many awesome pressies. It's funny because Andy and I end up with double the amount as everyone else, thanks to my awesome family sending us gifts from the UK.

The best bit about today was that it was a beautiful sunny day – not like last year, where it rained all day! – so we headed straight back to the beach with a few beers and some Santa hats. As the afternoon turned a bit cloudy, we took the opportunity to go back to the house and have leftover sandwiches (are they one of the best things about Christmas?! Maybe so!) and then, as a storm came along, had a little nap. Waking up lazy but revived, we all vegged out on the verandah to play some games, eat some more, drink some more, and generally carry on like that until bedtime – after a proper Aussie barbie of course!

I really miss my family all year round, but especially at Christmas, when I just want to see all my little nieces and nephews getting excited! But being able to talk to them, and being surrounded by such lovely people on this side of the world, definitely made it lots better. What a chilled, perfect Aussie Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment