Friday, January 2, 2015

Sunday 21 December – One last exploration, Tasmania day 5








Current location: Hobart, Tasmania
11.11am, On our way to Pilgrim. It was a brekky recommendation we'd had (we'd actually wanted to go to Pigeonhole, but sadly it was closed on Sundays), and we both had the 'Hipster breakfast' of eggs, sourdough, sausage, kassler, kale and chilli con carne... Basically like a normal Full English, but with words like 'Sourdough' instead of 'Toast' and 'Kassler' instead of 'Bacon'. So yummy though, and the coffee was amazing.

We had a bit of a wander around town then, picking up a few Christmas presents, and trying to find things that weren't closed. Seriously, Hobart is a closed town on Sundays! We went down to the water and had a bit of a walk there, and then decided to sack off trying to find things that were open, and go up Mount Welington instead. It stands over Hobart, at over 1.2km high, and is so imposing and awesome! When we got to the top, it was so windy and freeeezing, but so ace to see all the city and the bays below.

Tassie is awesome. It has astounded me so many times on this trip, and I now consider it one of the most underrated places I've ever been. There is a bit focus on the good food in Tasmania, especially the cheeses and the seafood – and everyone's right, the food is incredible. But it was the scenery and landscapes that blew my mind. Every turned corner brought a new vista, and a new outlook, and a new way to take my breath  away, and I just felt so relaxed and happy here. You do feel quite removed and remote but, I don't know if it was because some of the landscape really reminded me of England countryside and Cornish beaches, but I felt very at home here. Until next time, Tassie.

No comments:

Post a Comment