Sunday, October 19, 2014

Saturday 18 October – A day at the races!





Current location: Somewhere in NSW
11.11am, On the train. We were on our way to Randwick to go to the races! I haven't been since we arrived in Australia so I was very excited, all dressed up in my jumpsuit and heels! We got some VIP tickets from work, so when we got to the racecourse, met some work friends and then had a bit of a kerfuffle when we realised Andy needed 'proper shoes', instead of the bedazzling fun shoes he had on. Luckily, his twin bro came to the rescue and dropped off some shiny smart shoes for him, so into the Members' section we went, and we immediately greeted with sunshine and a bottle of Moet. nice to see how the other half live!
With no idea what I was doing, I managed to win on the first race ($28.50, woohoo!) and then steadily lost it all, betting on the rest of the races. It was such a beautiful sunny day, and we were with such awesome people, it was so much fun. I had an obligatory meat pie too, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment