Sunday, April 27, 2014

Saturday 26 April – Day of fun!












Current location: Newtown
11.11pm, On our way back home from a David O'Doherty comedy gig. It was the last event of a VERY fun and action-packed day – the autumn edition of a Day Of Fun for Andy and me. It started with Andy and I cycling to Circular Quay and we went through Darling Harbour, which I haven't really explored much of yet, so was nice to see a bit of the city I'm not used to.

We got the ferry over to Manly, then hopped on a little boat to go parasailing. Neither of us had ever done it before and I was so excited and only a teeeeeny bit scared! We went so so high, and the views were awesome. They swung us back down and dunked us in the sea, before sending us back up high again. I bloody loved it and we were laughing the whole time!

When we got back to dry land, we went for a bit of a walk and then to the Bavarian Beer Cafe for a light lunch and a beer. I feel like I'm on holiday! It was so nice just to get a day together, because we are both pretty busy over here so don't get to spend much quality time together.

After we got the boat back over to Sydney, we went for another explore to the Lord Nelson brewery, had a cider and watch an amazing sunset, before pedalling back towards Newtown and popping into Nothing to See Here. For dinner, we went to one of our favourite restaurants, Cheeky Czech, which was as delicious and fun as predicted. The people in there are so gorgeous and friendly, and I haven't eaten anything other than amazingness in there yet!

Our final stop of Day of Fun was the Enmore Theatre, where we were joined by 1,300 other people watching David O'Doherty. I'd only seen him before on shows such as Mock the Week, but his stand-up was amazing, helped along by random little songs he played on his keyboard. Such a random, bizarre, hilarious man, and such an INCREDIBLE day!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment