Thursday, February 20, 2014

Saturday 8 February – On the high seas








Current location: Bondi Junction
11.11am, On the way to Bondi Junction. I've joined a new netball league and today was our first game. And we won! This is the first game I've played and not lost since moving to Australia! Afterwards, as it was such a hot day, we decided to walk down to Bondi Beach for a quick dip in the sea to cool off. I love living in Sydney!

After the swim, we raced back to the car and Jess dropped Catdog and I off at White Bay Wharf...to board our cruise! Yep, we're off on a five-day cruise to NZ on the Sun Princess. With neither of us ever having been on a cruise before, we boarded and immediately got excited about the champagne and chocolate-dipped strawberries sitting in our balcony stateroom. I think I'm going to like cruising!

After a quick nap (I had to test out how comfy the beds were!), we sat out on the balcony and then went for a pre-dinner snack – there is so much food on the ship, we were spoilt for choice and ended up basically eating an entire dinner before dinner!

Next we met the ship's PR person, Meg, who was lovely, and two of the film crew, Dave and Mick. They were on board shooting some footage of Gavin MacLeod, who played Captain Stubing on The Love Boat and who was joining the boat for the first five days of the cruise!

No comments:

Post a Comment