Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Friday 31 January – Early rising, late snoozing



Current location: Erskineville
11.11pm, Saying my goodbyes. Andy and a few of our friends were in the pub in Erskineville but, as I could hardly keep my eyes open, I bid them farewell. It had been a super-long day that had started at 6.15am and a 9km run. I was finishing off the running challenge I'd been doing (100km in January) and, as today was the last day, I had to do a long run before work. It was actually lovely to be out early before it got too hot, and I felt great all day. That was until Bree and I met at Govindas and had a huge yummy meal, which made me need a nap. But then we went to the cinema, lay down (in Govindas you lie on daybeds rather than sit in seats), and watched The Railway Man. It was an apic film, so sad and distressing and interesting and full-on, and taught me loads of things I didn't know about the people who built the Thai-Burma railway. I've actually been to the very spot where the film is set, when Cat, Emma, Sara and I went to Thailand in 2007, but I had no idea of all the awful things that happened there. Very scary. Great film though and, by the time it was over and I headed back to Erko, I was ready for bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment