Sunday, October 13, 2013

Saturday 5 October – Packing a lot into each day















Current location: Eveleigh
11.11am, Running! I'm still trying to keep up with going for longish runs at weekend so today I managed a 10km, then went home to eat breakfast and sit down! I'd got up early to watch my friend Gemma, who was on Sunrise talking about Prince Harry being in Sydney! Next up, Rochy and I headed to Eveleigh Markets, which is full of food stalls, and is just awesome! Definitely overspent, but came home with a basket full of treats – including the world's biggest leek (banana in picture, to show scale!)!

At around midday, Rochy, Jess, Andy and I headed to North Sydney, where my friend Emily was getting some friends together for a picnic. It was such a good idea, as the weather was absolutely stunning, and I haven't seen much of Emily and her lovely boyfriend Dave since they moved to Sydney. It was 30˚C and sunny today, and we whiled away the afternoon with beers, breads, dips, salads, swims, walks, lots of chats, and the obligatory star jump or two. Such a beautiful way to spend a Saturday. Tired out from our busy day of fun, we came home, watched a movie and went to bed, while the rest of Sydney went and watched fireworks and tried to get a glimpse of Prince Harry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment