Sunday, September 29, 2013

Sunday 22 September – Food and cooking and joy










Current location: Erskineville
11.11am, Out for a run! Today I managed a whopper of a 12.5km run, and I was so tired for the rest of the day! It was gorgeous to be out in the sunshine though. When I got back, we went for lunch at The Grounds, Alexandria, but the queues were too long so we ended up at Mary's in Newtown. It's a rad little bar, which does yummy burgers (menu is burgers, or chicken, not too much to choose from!), but was a bit dark for such a sunny day. Lovely to be out with all the family though (Andy, his parents, Nick, Bree and Bree's parents).
Afterward moseying around for a bit, the parents left and the others came back for a big family dinner of lamb (which I didn't eat), and I also made some eggplant parmagiana and a butterscotch cake (which I did eat!). I've been really enjoying cooking more recently, and I love how Sunday nights have become a bit of a 'thing' for us all to get together and have a yummy home-cooked dinner together.

No comments:

Post a Comment