Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Thursday 7 March - To the USA!






Current location, Somewhere over the sea
11.11am, On a plane (thank goodness!). I was sitting next to Rianne, who was sitting next to Andy, who was sitting next to a very chatty stranger (lucky Andy), and we were on our way to AMERICA! We came SO close to missing our flight, the closest I've ever been, and it was a horrible feeling! Our taxi driver (I won't say which company, as I haven't decided if it was entirely their fault yet) arrived late, then got lost, and then we got stuck in a giant traffic jam. Though they said the journey would take 45 minutes, it ended up being about 2 hours 15 minutes, and I was panicking. By the time we got there (with a Home Alone-style run through the airport), we had six minutes to check in and get to the gate. Phew!

It was a pretty uneventful flight after that, with a couple of films making the journey to Charlotte go quickly. A quick drink at our stopover destination, and we were on our way to Phoenix. And Becky was there to meet us! Excited to explore, and not feeling too tired, we headed out to The Parlor for pizza and wine. I forgot my ID so I was stuck with soda (which I have learnt is not soda water!) – I went for root beer (which I have learnt is not beer!) and drank about three pints of it before I realised the waitress was going to keep refilling my glass if I emptied it.

No comments:

Post a Comment