Monday, February 18, 2013

Tuesday 5 February - A sad day of goodbyes


Current location: Soho
11.11am, In a very weird meeting. This morning I worked for Incisive Media, on two magazines: Computeractive and British Journal of Photography. However, at 10am today we had two pretty major announcements:
1. BJP has been bought out and will now be published by Apptitude Media, a new digital-media company
2. Computeractive has been bought by Dennis Publishing

These are both very exciting things to happen, and will undoubtedly be good for both brands. However, I'm going with Apptitude Media, while my Computeractive friends will be going with Dennis. Which meant a very sad day of goodbyes, as the buyouts are effective immediately. By the end of the day, my desk was packed up and my computer moved to our new office (on the fifth floor of the same building!). I'm super excited to be moving into the digital media realm of publishing (though we will still be publishing the beautiful print version of BJP) and also to be taking on new challenges but, for me, the excitement will begin tomorrow.

Today is for looking back on the joy, love and achievement that Incisive Media has bought me over the past two years – the tea I have drunk, the biscuits I have eaten, the magazines I have sent to press, the lessons I have learnt, the promotions I have earned, the nights out, the laughter, the office banter, the five-a-day charts, the sneaky lunchtime wines and, most most most of all, the friends I have made. I am a strong believer that change is almost always good, but today I am allowing myself a little bit of sadness over the goodbyes and nostalgia over the happy memories! Thanks Incisive, you've been bloody amazeballs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment