Thursday, January 24, 2013

Thursday 17 January – Incisive Media Awards!







 

Current location: Limehouse
11.11pm, Dancing! Or maybe doing karaoke?!
Tonight was the Incisive Media Awards night, and it was gooood. The theme was 80s (hopefully you can tell!) and we went all out with the blue eyeshadow and fluoro colours.Getting ready in the office was pretty hilarious...Emily, Nicky, Clare and I crimping out hair, sticking on our eyelashes...much more fun than usual work!

We all trekked down to Limehouse for a quick drink in the pub before heading to the Troxy for the awards. As I've been on 'dry January' (with one or two exceptions), I was pretty happy to have a glass of wine and just hang out with my lovely work friends.

Soon it was time for the awards, and there were quite a few categories in which we were shortlisted (including Support Person of the Year for me, and Newcomer of the Year for Clare!). We won the Marketing Initiative of the Year for the redesign of Computeractive, which was really exciting after all the hard work that had gone into it.

Once they awards were presented and the dinner was eaten, we hit the dancefloor, hard. There was also karaoke, which most of us stubbornly refused to do...until the wine kept flowing. Hopefully those videos capturing us wailing on the stage will never be seen by anyone else.

SUCH a fun night, but all too soon it was midnight and I made the wise choice to go home. Thank goodness I did; even though we had the Friday off, I don't think I could have coped with feeling any worse! Definitely worth it though. I had the best time and really really appreciate how wonderful my friends at work are, and how much I like working at Incisive. Well done to all the winners!

(Pictures by Emily Weller, Clare Vooght, Petros Treklis and Incisive photographer)

No comments:

Post a Comment