Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Sunday 13 January - Different time zones...pah!


Current location: Lewisham
11.11am, Eating brunch. Katy and I were feeling very pleased with ourselves as, by the time we say down to a fred egg roll, coffee and smoothie, we had already been for a beautiful morning run around Greenwich park, done some food shopping and cleaned the house. After all that activity (and a late cancellation from a friend), I was free for a Skype date with my amazing Aussie bestie, Lauren. Yesterday I managed to speak for an hour with Susann, my Berliner wife, and it made me realise how much I love technology for keeping my friendships going across the seas. As I sat down to chat with Lauren this afternoon, it felt so much like we were just hanging out for the afternoon, cups of tea in hand, just as we would be if we lived closer than 9,000 miles away. Three hours later, we hung up, having caught up on the goss and laughed a lot – and it felt like we just lived next door to each other. Thanks Skype, you rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment