Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Saturday 8 December - A whole lot of netball festivities










Current location: Blackheath
11.11pm, Queuing for a taxi in Blackheath. Not to go home though, oh no. We had been out for our annual netball Christmas do and were'nt ready to call it a night yet. So off to our clubhouse we went! This involved gatecrashing a Sainsbury's Christmas party (think lots of 17-year-olds) and then successfully enforcing a lock-in when they tried to make us leave. And dancing a lot. What a load of amazing women I know!

It had been an excellent day of netball/Christmas love, which started at 8am when I met Nat for our 9am netball match. Sadly, we lost by a few goals (we'll get them in the next game!) and I then played a bit for the first team. A few hours later, and Rianne and I were on our way to her house for a festive afternoon of mince pies, mulled wine and Christmas films with Nat and Lucy.

I was already having such an awesome day, so to head over to Blackheath for our night out (via a quick stop off for some Baileys) was the icing on the Christmas cake. I don't think I stopped smiling all day. Definitely feeling the love for Blackheath Wanderers! Huge thanks to Katy for her excellent organising skills, and to the Wanderers for your excellent friendship/celebrating skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment