Monday, December 3, 2012

Monday 19 November - A beautiful friend




Current location: Penzance

Today I went to the funeral of a friend, Kelly. I don't want to reflect too much on her death, or on her funeral, on here other than to say that Kelly's wonderful family organised the most beautiful memorial. She had a multi-coloured wicker casket, beautiful songs were playing and her family did her so, so proud with their reading and memories.

Rather than reflecting on the terribly sad times of today, I want to instead think about my own memories of Kels. I met her when I was a teenager and when I first got to know her amazing family, I felt immediately welcomed and loved, and Kel was such a huge part of that.

It's a massive understatement to describe Kel as friendly, warm or positive; she was all those things to the extreme. She had a smile for literally every person she met and the only time I would see her being anything other than cheery and generous was when her big brother was winding her up!

Kels loved music, the sea and being from Cornwall. She loved VW vans, bright colours, skate shoes, flowers, and she cared for the environment and for the rights of others. She had a very strong moral conscience, and hated injustice. She was lots of fun, and managed to laugh at times that would ordinarily make most other people get angry, and smile at times that would make many others cry.

She had so many friends and there will be a huge hole left in many people's lives. Thanks for all the fun times Kels, lots of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment