Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Friday 12 October – Trains and champagnes




Current location: Somewhere in south-west England
11.11am, On the train to Penzance. Tomorrow my big sister Claire is GETTING MARRIED! Exciting times! At 10am, Andy, my lovely niece Ella, Jake (my gorgeous five-week old nephew) and my sister Kate got on the train for a six-hour journey south. I had come prepared with my computer to keep Ella entertained (Kate had packed the Peppa Pig DVDs!) but we had both underestimated the fun Andy and Ella would have. Reading, 'swimming' (along the carriage floor!), not-quite-napping, chatting, running – they had a ball!

Before too long we had arrived in Penzance, and went straight to The Vault (a nice bar in Penzance that used to be a bank) for a swanky afternoon tea Pip had organised. Complete with champers, we ate lots of posh sandwiches and brownies, and sipped our posh tea. Claire had got pretty much everything organised for tomorrow and, except for a few last-minute bits, she was excited and raring to go!

After our lovely afternoon tea, we went to the church for a rehearsal. So exciting! The evening consisted of everyone doing various things for the next day/picking people up from stations while Claire and I practised her wedding hairdo (which I was doing!), painted our nails and watched Bridesmaids. Perfect pre-wedding activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment