Monday, August 27, 2012

Saturday 18 August - A quick bit of home time






Current location: Penzance, Cornwall
11.11am, On a bike ride with my hilarious nephews, Vinny and Zac. I was coming back to Penzance for a grand total of about eight hours (not including sleeping time) so tried to pack as much in as I could. The main reason for my flying Cornwall visit was to go a surprise party for Helen, rowing extraordinaire. Her family had, unbeknown to her, organised a party for 1pm on Saturday so I spent the morning playing with my nephews, cycling, dressing up, and being excited. 

A few hours later I met my good friend Kate (whose hen do was a couple of weeks ago), and we headed up to Helen's parents' house. It was so lovely to see people I hadn't seen for a few years (as well as some I had seen recently!) and everyone was so pleased and excited for Helen. When she arrived, Helen was on amazing form, despite having come down from London that morning. We had lots of laughs, giggles and reminisces; that girl is amazing. So lovely to spend some time with the Glovers too – thanks Helen for giving us a great reason to celebrate together!

No comments:

Post a Comment